Leadership Embodiment: A Practice for Clarity, Connection, and Presence
—Thich Nhat Hanh
This two-day workshop can help you bridge the gap that sometimes exists between what you know, and what you can actually do under pressure. Let’s face it – when you’re relaxed and comfortable reading a book or sitting in a training, it’s easy to grasp effective leadership and communication skills. It’s not always so easy to put those skills into practice when you’re back in the office having a conversation with your most challenging team member, or presenting bad news to your boss. We all have physical and mental patterns of constriction that kick in when we’re stressed or under pressure, and when we’re stuck in those patterns it can be hard to act skillfully.
What Leadership Embodiment Offers
The practice of Leadership Embodiment gives you the tools to get unstuck, and to develop the leadership presence necessary to:
- take clear and powerful stands without steamrolling or collapsing.
- stay connected and listen to others in challenging situations without taking things personally.
- respond creatively and non-reactively when the stress is high.
- build an internal reference point from which you can act with confidence and grace under pressure.
Course activities provide a simulator in which you will discover your habitual patterns of reaction to challenging leadership situations, and explore how the practice of centering allows you to engage with those challenges in a more effective and creative way. The exercises are designed to create deep and lasting effects by repeatedly engaging you in the practice and experience of being centered under pressure.
When you participate in the Leadership Embodiment course, you will:
- learn the fundamental concepts and distinctions of Leadership Embodiment.
- explore your body’s patterns of reaction to the stress and pressure of common leadership scenarios.
- become aware of your body’s non-verbal messages and increase your ability to align those messages with what you say.
- learn the fundamental tools for shifting from constriction to an open, centered presence, while under pressure.
- have repeated opportunities for practicing with those tools.
- apply what you learn to your real-world leadership challenges.
As a result, and with ongoing practice, you can expect that:
- you will be able to manage and respond to high stress situations with more confidence, creativity, and ease.
- you will develop the capacity to listen to the challenging messages of others without defending or taking it personally.
- you will have the tools to communicate and influence effectively on the issues that matter most to you.
- you will develop your own centered and authentic leadership presence that you can access even when the pressure is on.
Upcoming Course Details:
|Dates/Times||2014 dates to be determined|
|Location||Washington, D.C. Metro area|
|Cost||$350 ($50 non-refundable deposit upon registration)
$300 early bird registration
Maximum 12 participants.
Please choose an option below to register by PayPal, download the registration form and mail it in with a check, or contact me with questions. (Please note that when you pay via PayPal, the business name you see will be Catalyst Consulting Associates, Inc.)